Last July, I kicked off a series here on the blog called “Favorite Places to Explore Nature.” The idea was simple: invite my fellow travel and nature bloggers to share favorite places to explore nature with kids in their hometowns.
The result is some 17 posts featuring locations throughout the United States – and even one from across the pond!
I’m thrilled to have had all of your help creating such a fantastic resource. Sorry it took me so long to gather up all the posts and put them together in one spot. Enjoy!
- Rhode Island, by Shannon from Backyard Mama
- Southern New England, by Jodi from KidsDiscoverNature.com
- Western Massachusetts, by Eric from familycampman.com
- Pensacola, Fla., by Jennifer from Two Kids and a Map
- Raleigh, N.C., by Melissa from Adventuroo
- San Antonio, by Sarah V. from Wandering Off
- Alaska, by Erin from AKontheGO.com
- Denver area, by Angela, a fellow Nature Rocks Ambassador
- Los Angeles, by yours truly
- Moab, Utah, by Melissa from Adventure Tykes
- Portland, by Michael from Exploring Portland’s Natural Areas
- Reno, Nevada by Lindsey from OutsideMom.com
- San Diego, by Colleen from TravelMamas.com
- Plus a bonus list of top free nature destinations in San Diego by Lori from SoCal With Kids
- San Francisco Bay Area, by Carolina from Kids Go West
- Utah’s National Parks, by Julie (aka @JulieTrevelyan )
Plus One More From Across the Pond!
Big thanks to all of the fabulous contributors for sharing your favorite places to explore nature with kids!
If you’d like to be featured in this series, send me an email. I’d love to see this list grow.