In case you missed my post last week on choosing shoes for kid’s outdoor adventures, a closed-toed sneaker that works both as an everyday shoe and a trail shoe is a must in our family.
Usually my hubby scours the Web for good deals on whatever brands he can find. The Explorers wear out their shoes pretty fast (either by growth or from general wear and tear), so it’s hard for us to swallow spending more than $30 on a pair of shoes we know won’t last more than a season.
Which is why I jumped at the chance for The Little Explorer to test out a pair of Chaco’s Zanda Little Kids sneakers. Chaco is a company known for a commitment to adventure, so I was more than excited to finally own a pair (even if it wasn’t actually for me).
Product details: The manufacturer describes the Zanda as the perfect multi-sport shoe for kids. A few specifics:
- Breathable mesh keeps kids’ feet fresh
- Lace-up toggle fit for kids’ sizes
- Bungee lace for youth sizes
- Made from 25% recycled rubber, non-marking outsole
- Retails for $60
Our testing conditions: In the month that we’ve had these shoes, The Little Explorer has worn them on countless walks around the neighborhood (even on Halloween), to the park, playground and pumpkin patch. They’ve been tested on pavement, on dirt, in trees, on grass and in mud and rain. About the only place we haven’t taken them yet is out on the trail.
Our findings: I wish I could say I have a good idea how these shoes actually feel. But let’s be honest: The 4.5-year-old Little Explorer isn’t quite up to sharing those details just yet. I can tell you he never complains about wearing them, which in little kid terms is a good thing.
Here are a few of mom’s thoughts on the Chaco’s Zanda Little Kids shoes:
- Well-made everyday shoe that can easily go from the playground to the trail
- Available in lots of boy-friendly color options (which isn’t usually the norm for boys)
- Though not a waterproof shoe, The Little Explorer’s feet didn’t get wet when he wore them in drizzly, muddy conditions
- So far, the breathable mesh works at keeping The Little Explorer’s feet fresh all day
- The Little Explorer can pull the shoes off on his own, but definitely needs help getting them on
- Cost remains a huge concern for us
Where to buy: Chacos.com for little kids
Okay, here’s the exciting part. You can enter to win a pair of kids Chacos of your choice by leaving a comment below.
To enter, leave a comment sharing one place you’d like to explore if you win a pair of kids Chacos.
But wait – there’s more! You can increase your chances of winning by leaving a comment on one (or all) of the posts below. Each links to a review of a pair of kids Chacos written by a fellow outdoor mom:
One winner will be chosen between this blog and the blogs listed above, so enter away. Good luck!
- This giveaway will run through 9 p.m. PST on Thurs., Nov. 15, 2012.
- You must include an email address with your comment. Entries without an email address will not be included.
- This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.
- Winners will be chosen using the nifty random number generator at random.org.
- Winners will have 72 hours to reply to a notification. If you don’t respond by then, another winner will be picked.
Note: We received a pair of Zanda Little Kids Chacos to field test in exchange for providing my honest review with you. Read my full disclosure policy for more information.