I’ve mentioned before how much I love making lists. I thought it might be fun to share some of them with you on a more regular basis. Welcome to the first of what I hope will be many more “Top 10 Tuesdays.”
Top 10 Ways to Play With Sticks
If you give a kid a stick … you’ll be amazed how little else they need to entertain themselves. Here are a few inspiring ideas to prove my point. If you have a stick, you can:
1. Fashion it into a magician’s wand.
2. Stir up some magic soup.
3. Play a game of tic-tac-toe.
4. Mix up a magic fairy potion.
5. Build a fairy house.
6. Design your own stick men.
7. Build a nature mobile.
8. Draw letters in the dirt or sand.
9. Make wind streamers.
10. Create a fishing rod.
If your little explorers need a few more ideas, check out Not a Stick by Antoinette Portis.