April #GetOutside Photo Scavenger Hunt

Photo-Scavenger-Hunt

Spring has sprung in many parts of the country – and soon will in others (hopefully!). It’s time to get outside and explore nature!

The Children & Nature Network is kicking off a huge event in a couple of days called Let’s G.O.! (Get Outside) Month. The idea is to rally people of all ages to play, serve and celebrate nature during the month of April.

I decided to show my support by creating a photo scavenger hunt – with a bent on nature, of course!

Every day, you’ll be inspired to get outside with your kids, snap a photo and share it with the rest of us. Your only rule: Have fun! (And don’t be afraid to let the kids take a photo or two!)

April #GetOutside Photo Scavenger Hunt

How to Play
Get your free printable #GetOutside Photo Scavenger Hunt list. Post it somewhere you’ll see it every day. Once you’ve taken a photo, there are lots of ways to play along:

• Share your photo on the Go Explore Nature Facebook page or on Instagram (follow me @goexplorenature).
  • I’ll be using the hashtag #GetOutside for @goexplorenature Instagram and Twitter followers to share their photos.
  • If you’re on Pinterest, send me your username & follow any of my boards; you can then add your photos to my April #GetOutside Photo Scavenger Hunt board.
  • And if you’d love to play along but have no desire to share your photos publicly, I hope you’ll still get outside. At the end of the month, you’ll have a wonderful collection perfect for a photo book!

This game is meant to be fun, so don’t worry if you miss a day or post a photo on the wrong day. The point of all of this is to get outside with your family and connect with nature.

Ready to play along but need some ideas for getting outside? Here are a few to get you started:

Note: I must give a huge nod to both Papercoterie and FatMumSlim who inspired me with their fun daily photo challenges on Instagram.

Comments

1. says

Nothing planned for May, no. Might try to create something for the summer, if enough people want to play along. Thanks for your interest!

2. says

Thanks for sharing your adventure. You are up to great things with your little ones! :-) Hope you have fun with this, too.

3. says

This photo scavenger hunt is for adults, too! (But, yes, you should probably get the boys their own cameras since both of their parents love to be behind the lens.)

4. says

Sounds like fun! It's hard for me to let the boys use my camera. Both because it's expensive and because I am always using it. I should get them one of those less-breakable cameras.

5. says

Yay – I'm glad you can join us! I've added you to the April #GetOutside Photo Scavenger Hunt Pinterest board.

6. says

Aren't color hunts fun?! I'm so happy to hear you encourage your little explorer to take photos. Hope you both have fun playing along!

7. says

I'm so glad you're going to join the fun, Barb! I have added you to the April #GetOutside Photo Scavenger Hunt Pinterest board. Thanks so much for sharing the idea with your readers, too.

8. says

Oh, I love this idea so very much. Our almost 3 year old is obsessed with taking photos with an old camera of ours…we recently went on a "color hunt" around our neighborhood. Your idea is so well suited for our next neighborhood adventure! Thank you for the inspiration! There is a post on my blog about the color hunt if you are interested in the photos. It was wonderful!