Here are the supplies we used to build our holiday card tree:
- Rocks or pebbles
- Vase or other container
- Other bits of nature for added decoration (optional)
- Holiday cards
- Hole punch
- Ribbon or twine
And here’s how to make a holiday card tree:
- Gather some branches on a nature walk through your neighborhood or a local park.
- Choose a vase, bucket, watering can or other decorative container. Add rocks or pebbles to the container to weigh it down & provide support for the branches.
- Insert the branches. Add & arrange until you create a look you like.
- Add other bits of nature around the base of the card tree as desired.
- Punch holes in holiday cards & attach to branches with ribbon or twine.
The Explorers are already excited every time the mail comes these days. Now they’ve got another reason: They can’t wait to hang holiday cards on our creation.