2013 Spring Nature Photo Scavenger Hunt

Spring-nature-scavenger-hunt

It’s official: Spring has begun! Which means it’s time to kick off the spring nature photo scavenger hunt.

Get Our Fun Updates

No spam guarantee.

Here’s how it works: I’ve come up with 30 things you and your kiddos can “hunt for” outside this spring. Find an item, snap a picture and check the item off your list. Will you be able to find everything before summer gets here?

Don’t worry if your little explorer isn’t an aspiring photographer or sometimes needs your help to snap a shot. The point is to get outside exploring! (You can get a few simple nature photography tips for kids here if you’re interested.)

To help keep you inspired all season long, I’ll be sharing photos we take here every week as part of a new feature I’m calling “Saturday Snapshot.”

Spring nature photo scavenger hunt

Join the fun!
You don’t need to sign up to play. To get started, print out your free Spring Nature Photo Scavenger Hunt list. Post it somewhere you’ll see it every day. Then head outside and into nature with your family and start exploring!

Once you and/or your kiddos have taken a photo, there are lots of ways to share:

• And if you’d love to play along but have no desire to share your photos publicly, please do so! At the end of the season, you’ll have a wonderful collection of memories perfect for a photo book.

This scavenger hunt is meant to be fun, so don’t worry if you miss an item or don’t start playing along until mid-season. The point of all of this is to get outside with your family and connect with nature.

Ready to play along but need some ideas for getting outside? Here are a few to get you started:

Comments

1. says

Suzi, I look forward to seeing what spring looks like in your neck of the woods no matter when you decide to start sharing. :-)

2. says

Great to have you joining us, Sere. Your photos are always so beautiful! Look for your Pinterest invite shortly.

3. says

Love the idea but the weather isn't cooperating for most of the list quite yet – does a frozen lake count? We'll definitely be participating once spring arrives to Calgary.

4. says

Thank you for the kind words. Glad to hear you&#39;re enjoying the blog! <br /><br />Not sure I know what flower you&#39;re asking about. The seed pods in the photo above are called &quot;sweetgum pods.&quot;

5. says

We loved starting out the winter hunt… but the move kinda disrupted our hunting. Looking forward to this spring hunt to help us explore our new world!<br />Thanks Debi!<br />Pinterest: Dawn Smith

6. says

I&#39;m loving reading all of your posts! Such great ideas–I find myself getting lost in all of the links at the end of each of your posts :-) Do you know the name of the flower? I remember having some of those at my house when I was little, and I always thought they were such interesting and pretty flowers!

7. says

Soooo love this idea Debi! Having a super busy fortnight this week but I&#39;ll try and start on Sunday when it become slightly less hectic. Do you have a hashtag for this, I&#39;m thinking of instagraming them!