Every April, a special light seems to shine on all things planet Earth. That’s because April features Earth Day (April 22) – a day dedicated around the world to environmental activities and celebrations.
Of course, I’m a firm believer that Earth Day isn’t just one day. Or even one month. Caring for the planet is something we need to be doing every. single. day. How? The simple act of getting a child outside and into nature is one of the best ways we can help take care of our planet’s future.
In honor of all things Mother Earth, I’ve collected the best in Earth Day activities for kids here. I’ll continue to add to this page as new items pop up, so be sure to bookmark this one for future reference!
- 6 Family Friendly Earth Day Activities from Working Mother
- 6 Things Kids Can Do to Help Our Oceans
- 6 Things Kids Can Do to Help Wild Animals
- 7 Ways Kids Can Help Save Trees
- 10 Things Kids Can Do to Help the Earth, a free, 10-page downloadable packet from Kids Discover Magazine
- 10 Ways Kids Can Play Among the Trees
- A Teen’s Top Tips for Recycling and Reuse by Slow Family Online
- Climate Kids from NASA
- Create a Wildlife Habitat in Your Yard
- How to Celebrate Earth Day from Nurture Store
- How to Raise Kids Who Care About the Planet
- How Your Family Can Live a Greener Lifestyle Now from BonbonBreak
- Simple Ways to Celebrate Earth Day With Your Family from Mom on Timeout
- Teaching Kids to Conserve Water from KC Edventures
- Teaching our children to respect wildlife from Adventurous Moms
- And check out my Earth Day board on Pinterest for even more ideas
- 365 Ways to Live Green for Kids: Saving the Environment at Home, School or at Play – Every Day! by Sheri Amsel
- Children’s Books About the Ocean and Marine Life
- Kids Books and Websites to Celebrate Earth Day, by KC Edventures
- The New 50 Simple Things Kids Can Do to Save the Earth, by Sophie Javna
- True Green Kids: 100 Things You Can Do to Save the Planet, by Kim McKay & Jenny Bonnin