While I realize not everyone combines a love of nature with a love of travel, we do. So much so that I’ve shared quite a bit of nature travel advice for families. Lucky for you, I’ve put everything in one nice, easy-to-find spot! I’ll be adding to this page as our nature travels continue, so be sure to bookmark this one for future reference.
General Nature Travel Tips
This is where you’ll find help for making nature connections no matter where your travels might take you. These come in especially handy when we’re visiting family during the holidays.
- 5 Apps for Connecting with Nature On the Go
- 4 Must-Have Apps for Nature Travels
- 8 Ways to Connect with Nature in the Car
- Getting Your 15 Minutes Outside When You’re on Vacation
- Three Ways to Connect Kids with Nature When You Travel
Camping with kids is a great way to take a family vacation. But sometimes you need a little help to make sure things go smoothly and stay fun.
- 3 Budget-Friendly Ideas for Family Camping
- Advice on Camping with Kids
- Camping Meals
- Could Glamping Be Right for You?
- Fall Camping Tips for Families
No matter where we travel, we always devote at least some time to getting outside and into nature. Even in Las Vegas!
- 5 Winter Weekend Getaways in Nature
- An Insiders Guide to Exploring Yosemite National Park with Kids
- California Family Vacation ideas
- Exploring California State Parks with kids
- Great Places to Explore Nature with Kids in Oahu, Hawaii
- The National Park Service’s Junior Ranger Program
- Your favorite places to explore nature in the U.S. & beyond, which includes more than 15 different posts written by bloggers about the places they live
- PLUS field reports from places we’ve visited in Hawaii, Las Vegas, Northern California, San Diego and at a variety of U.S. National Parks
Ideas for Preserving Travel Memories
Not a fan of collecting tchotchkes when you travel? Here are a few things we do to reduce the clutter and increase the meaningful reminders of our travels.